This page may be updated so please check it on a regular basis
last update: 30/9/2020
The links to our conference rooms are available in the final version of the program
(click on the room title).
The password has been emailed to you. You may also find the links here.
Guidelines for all
- ISTAL24 will be held as a virtual/online Conference on the dates already announced (October 2-4, 2020). The Conference will be based on the ZOOM platform.
- In order to have an easy and trouble-free participation please ensure that you have:
- a computer with a stable internet connection
- a headset (preferable) or external speaker/microphone
- a web camera
- If you’ve never used Zoom before please click here, download and install Zoom Client for Meetings.
- You can test your internet connection, microphone, speakers and camera by joining a test meeting available here.
In order to participate you will be asked to Sign in the Zoom platform. You can sign in Zoom with the following ways: if you are a member of Aristotle University you have to choose “Sign in with SSO”. In the next question (company domain) you input “authgr” and then you will be redirected in the single-sign on page of Aristotle University where you are going to use your institutional account to login if you are not a member of Aristotle University you can: use your Google or Facebook account to login sign up for a free zoom account here
- In order to facilitate your connection to our meeting rooms, you’ll only be asked for a password. The password will be the same for all rooms and will be emailed to you before the start of the conference. In case you already have an account and want to sign in before your connection there will not be a problem.
- You will find the links to ISTAL’s sessions in our website and the program as well.
Guidelines for Attendees
- To join a session, you will need to enter its corresponding session link, as indicated in the program/website. In case you need to change sessions you will have to leave the current one and use the link to the session you want to attend.
- During your participation you are not allowed to use your video or microphone unless you are asked to.
- Questions will be accepted through the integrated chat box. In order to ask a question please send a message to the chair of the session starting with the letter “Q:”. You can:
- either ask it orally by sending “Q: I have a question” and wait for the chair to allow you to turn on your microphone and camera
- or by sending the full text of your question (“Q: full text…”) in which case the chair is going to read it out for you
Guidelines for Presenters
- During your presentation you will need to use your video and microphone so please make sure that they work properly.
- In case you need to use a PowerPoint presentation or any other document you will need to share your screen with the button you will find on the bottom of your screen. You can read more about how to share your screen in Zoom here.
- If you are going to have co-presenters please make sure you organize your talk in terms of who will be sharing screens.
- If you want to share a pdf handout in advance, you need to send it at least 48 hours before the conference start in order to upload it to our site.
- We will provide practice sessions with our technical assistant in order to check your audio/video connection and screen sharing. You will be notified by email about this issue.
- Please rehearse and estimate the time of your talk. The chair will notify you by raising a time-left label, but the video may not be visible if you are still sharing your screen.
Guidelines for Poster Presenters
- All posters will be uploaded on ISTAL24 password-protected web pages.
- We prefer pdf format but in case you need to use a different format please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
- We plan to provide 3 hours of ISTAL’s program for poster presenters in order to respond to questions.
- We will post a program of the poster presenter’s availability in a zoom meeting. You need to be in the zoom meeting the time dedicated to your poster presentation.
- The poster needs to be sent to us at least 48 hours before the start of the conference.
Guidelines for Chairpersons
Chairpersons are asked to maintain the scheduled timekeeping and foster active discussion
- Please join the session at least 10 minutes in advance
- During the session your camera and microphone should be on
- You have to click on the Participants and Chat buttons on the bottom of your screen in order to open the respective panels on the right of your screen
- Introduce the session, and then each author/paper-title before his/her presentation (you can find the emails of all speakers in the Book of Abstracts)
- During the presentation you should mute yourself and check that the audience microphones are off
- Please keep track of the questions on the Q&A panel on the CHAT panel on the right of the Zoom window
- If necessary, approximately 3 minutes before presentation ends (presentation: 20′, Q&A: 10′), you are requested to give the speakers an indication of the time left by –gently– interrupting them (remember to unmute yourself)
- After each presentation unmute yourself. Read the questions to the presenting author during the Q&A period with absolutely no delay on the allocated Q&A time slots
- For oral questions ask the attendee who would like to place the question to unmute and turn on the camera
- Ιt is very important to keep the presentations within the allotted time. Delays on the predetermined slots of each session will push other sessions behind
- If there are any missing speakers in your session, the organizers will post a “Cancelled” image. Do not leave the meeting if the cancelled presentation is not the last one
- After concluding the session you may leave the meeting
- In case you find the above confusing please get in touch with Tasos Paschalis (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to arrange a test connection before the conference